Sunday, August 4, 2013

Writing Blocks

I must have sat there 4 times looking at my list of blog ideas. I thought they were great at the time. What's making me unsure now? Not sure if you do this, but I talk myself out of things a lot. It's quite easy actually.

I was blocked. When the idea first came, I felt like I could write hours about it. And now, seems like a fleeting thought.

I sit here thinking what I should write next, what readers will think of, if I'll regret any of it. Will anyone care? Do I care that everyone cares? Or do I just need to speak whatever, where ever I'm at and let it just be? Existing in some place and time.

So why are we so friggin' self-critical as human beings? Now I know I'm not the only one. We've done what we've done and we there's always something  more we could have done, it seems.

I tried to stall for as long as I could until I noticed the signs were all pointing to me writing. I made the excuse that my brother was coming over soon and we were going for a hike so there was no point in starting now. Then he calls me saying he'll be another hour. I thought, Damn it! That means I actually have to start. And I'm glad I did because in the midst of not know what to write, distractions pulling me here and there, I also remembered that I took some beautiful photos of my grand-parents' framed photos. I've never been that close to them and I saw things that surprised me. I'll be sharing what those things are in my next blog, along with more photos.

To doing things "perfectly", I say screw it! Just jump in and see where things go. You'll figure it out. Isn't that we're all doing on this planet? Just trying to figure it all out? No one has the right answers. Just ideas, schools of thoughts, guidelines, theories, best practices, imagination and the rest we just plug in ourselves.

I am giving myself permission to be imperfect,
human,
wrong,
scared,
joyful,
uncertain,
powerful,
unapologetic,
unstoppable
and fabulous.


~Chantria







No comments:

Post a Comment